Helpful
Replies

Stuck calls on 7931 phones with CME/UCE

ccpagel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a new install of CME on a C2800 with 12.4(15)T1

The customer is using 20 x 7931 phones. They are experiancing problems on the 7931 where a call with just stop during the conversation (no media) but will remain active on the phone.

If I web browse to the phone it shows no active call, CME (show ephone) also shows no active call.

The only way to clear the problem is to reboot the phone.

We are using local transcoding on the C2800 with a SIP trunk to a service provider - not sure if this is the cause.

Has anyone experianced this issue?

I'm waiting for the smartnet to come through, once it does I'll raise a TAC case.

Thanks,

Chris

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which FW do you have on the 7931 ?

Also it would be beneficial if you can downgrade to 12.4(11)XJ4 that is a more tested and stable release.

App Load ID jar31sccp.8-2-2ES1.sbn

Boot Load ID tnp31.3-2-0-6.bin

Version SCCP31.8-2-2SR1S

Hardware Revision 3.1

I don't think I can download as the transcoding/SIP config needs the T release IOS.

Regards,

Chris

Phone FW is latest. You will need help from cisco I'm afraid. If you have not got the smartnet yet, try opening the case with the router S/N. If it is still new /in initial warranty status, they may go ahead and accept the case anyway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: