Views
Helpful
Replies

1841 Router ROMMON mode problem

parba.basu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i am facing one problem with 1841 router as it goes to ROMMON mode directly whenever it is rebooted due to power problem, though its configuration register value is always 0x2102.I am not getting whether this is an IOS related problem or any other. Please help me on this.

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Parba

It is good to know that the configuration register is 0x2102. Different setting of the configuration register is a common cause of this issue.

If it is not a configuration register issue then it would help us to identify the problem if you could post the console messages when the router reboots.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

hello Sir,

as you want to know the console messages when the router reboots,i want to ask you that whether you need the console messages when the router boots into the ROMMON mode or when it boots into the normal mode from ROMMON mode as it sometimes directly boot into ROMMON mode.

Parba

While it would be helpful to have the console output when the router does a normal boot, it would be the most helpful to see the console output when it boots and goes into rommon.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card