Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Pattern (translations)

Hi !

Some of my IPPhones, when making an external call, they use the ''Calling Party Transform Mask'' in the route pattern configuration.

For example, the ipphone extension is 7050, but when I dial to an external number I goes like 4265.

So the calls goes to a gateway.. and the translation works fine...

The problem happens when I call to another ip phone in another partition.. (the call doesn't need to go to the gateway).. so the ip phones can see the real extension (7050) instead of mask (4265)

Is it possible to mask that ? How ?

Thanks.

Andrei.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Make sure that the CSS that is assigned to the calling party can NOT reach the called party partiton, otherwise you will bypass the Translation Pattern and that is why you are still getting the original caller ID. The CSS of the calling party must reach only the partiton of the Translation Pattern and then the CSS of the Translation Pattern must reach the partition of the called party phone.

HTH

//Jorge

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

You can pass call to other partition via Translation Pattern and use "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask". Don't change called party number, just provide proper CSS.

--

regards,

pk

humm.. I tryied some things... I it did not work...

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.. I tryied this:

- translation pattern: 4XXX

- partition where calling ip phones are: PT-MASK

- CSS from the calling ip phones: CSS-MASK

- CLICK "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask"

- Field "Calling Party Transform Mask" = 4265

Andrei.

Make sure that the CSS that is assigned to the calling party can NOT reach the called party partiton, otherwise you will bypass the Translation Pattern and that is why you are still getting the original caller ID. The CSS of the calling party must reach only the partiton of the Translation Pattern and then the CSS of the Translation Pattern must reach the partition of the called party phone.

HTH

//Jorge

Now I understood !! It's working..

Translation Patterns works like Route Patterns..

Thanks a lot.

Andrei.