cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 4.x to 5.x license conversion without upgrade

maloumar1234
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if a callmanager 4.x to 5.x license conversion is possible through Cisco Liensing without the actual upgrade procedure?

I am trying to reduce the downtime it will take to upgrade just to convert the license, then having to re-install from scratch to join the 4.x to a new 5.x cluster.

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

If you dont want to carry the database over to the new system, yes you can do this by calling Cisco licensing. You will need the original Cisco SO number for the order that you placed with Cisco or Cisco partner for the Callmanager 4.x server and software.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

That is goot to know. Carrying over the database is going to be out.

The client had a 4.x cluster.

Then they added a new building in a different City and installed CM5.x with LDAP integration.

Now they connected the two cities via MPLS and wanted to have the 4.x site added into the 5.x cluster with LDAP integration.

I am assuming that the 4.x database will not be of any use since we are integrating with LDAP. Let me know what you think.

Eventually, we will be introducing Presence so that the customer can utilize their Microsoft Communication Client.

Regards

Majid

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: