cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Symantec Blocked

UNWRegina
Level 1
Level 1

This is my first post in any of the forums so forgive me if I'm in the wrong place.

I have a small network using a pix 501 security appliance as a gateway. When users try to access the symantec website, they get the 'can't display webpage' page. Thinking that it may be an access list or something on the pix box I tried to access the website using a laptop on the other side of the pix box (direct to internet) and had no problems. Immediately after that I hooked the laptop back in on the inside of the pix box and suddenly was able to access the website from all pcs. Now as I write this message I am once again unable to access symantec.com. This is not new behaviour. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

1 Reply 1

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

I am thinking if all the remaining website are working properly than there are no issues with pix. Please apply the following command on the PIX no ftp mode passive

The ftp mode passive command sets the FTP mode to passive. The security appliance can use FTP to upload or download image files or configuration files to or from an FTP server. The ftp mode passive command controls how the FTP client on the security appliance interacts

with the FTP server. And also I want to know following

1) Which PIX version you were running

2) Also please send me the config from the PIX to review.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2002091816510548?Open&src=&docid=2005040711404048&nsf=ent-security.nsf&view=docid&dtype=corp∏=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=&seg=

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco