cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client user ID

mikemelby
Level 1
Level 1

I am using the 5.0 version of the VPN client. We are connecting to a 3030 concentrator. Once the client has connected is there any way to determine the user name that was used to log in?

2 Replies 2

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

Refer to Configuration Information for an Administrator of VPN client configuration guide for more details

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008015cfd8.html#1130777

Use the Configuration | User Management | Users | Add or Modify screen to configure a VPN Client user:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Enter a User Name, Password, and Verify Password. VPN Client users need a user name and password to authenticate when they connect to the VPN Concentrator; see "Gathering Information You Need" in Chapter 2 of the VPN Client User Guide for your platform.

Step 2 Under Group, select the group name you configured under the section "Creating an IPSec Group."

Step 3 Carefully review and configure other attributes under General and IPSec. Note that if you are adding a user, the Inherit? checkboxes refer to base-group attributes; if you are modifying a user, the checkboxes refer to the user's assigned-group attributes.

Step 4 Click Add or Apply, and save the configuration.

Maybe I did not make my issue clear. Once connected I need a way to determine what the user name was ON THE CLIENT that was used to authenticate.

I would like to be able to run some scripts or programs on the client based on who was logged in.

Thank you