cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client user ID

mikemelby
Level 1
Level 1

I am using the 5.0 version of the VPN client. We are connecting to a 3030 concentrator. Once the client has connected is there any way to determine the user name that was used to log in?

2 Replies 2

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

Refer to Configuration Information for an Administrator of VPN client configuration guide for more details

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008015cfd8.html#1130777

Use the Configuration | User Management | Users | Add or Modify screen to configure a VPN Client user:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Enter a User Name, Password, and Verify Password. VPN Client users need a user name and password to authenticate when they connect to the VPN Concentrator; see "Gathering Information You Need" in Chapter 2 of the VPN Client User Guide for your platform.

Step 2 Under Group, select the group name you configured under the section "Creating an IPSec Group."

Step 3 Carefully review and configure other attributes under General and IPSec. Note that if you are adding a user, the Inherit? checkboxes refer to base-group attributes; if you are modifying a user, the checkboxes refer to the user's assigned-group attributes.

Step 4 Click Add or Apply, and save the configuration.

Maybe I did not make my issue clear. Once connected I need a way to determine what the user name was ON THE CLIENT that was used to authenticate.

I would like to be able to run some scripts or programs on the client based on who was logged in.

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: