cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ANI Based Routing in ICM

ciscogini
Level 4
Level 4

Has any one done a ANI based routing in ICM and how do you achieve this.

if he call comes from 408 area code recognize it as commign from Californi and Route it to the correct Call Center.

5 Replies 5

Lots of ways

1) Use ICM Region to put organize areacodes into various reasons. Then in the routing script, you can check the region and route accordingly

2) In ICM, without region, you can check for first 3 letters of ANI and then route accordingly. (If node - Left (call.CallinglineID,3) should give u the area code.

3) Use database and do a sql lookup using ICM or using IPIVR. create a table with columns areacode, destination etc. Then, you can query the table and get the destination and refer that in the ICM script

4)Instead of using database, the above can be done in .XML file also.

I really wanted to avoid the Database integration, only for the reason that I have keep updating as the new area codes are added

Is there any other way of doign it?

if not how do you keep your database updated?

I gave u 3 other suggestions other than the database integration.

Just use region editor in ICM and map your area codes to regions.

I agree with the suggestion to use the Regions.

The only thing to check is how up to date the entries in your ICM are. When I looked into this a few years ago, the area codes in ICM were well out of sync with what was published and I had to do a large number of updates.

Regards,

Geoff

Thank you all for your response.

Is there a Database for these Area codes and hwhere do I get it.

Thank you,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: