cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCS-7835-I2, how to setup IBM system mgmt port

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

How to setup the system management port in MCS7835-I2 which IBM platform? or URL to refer.

Thanks in advance,

7 Replies 7

MCS7835-I2 (IBM) has two Ethernet NIC and one system management port. My question is how to configure the system management port which I think analogue to HP's ILO port.

I know how to configure HP iLO. please guide me how to the IBM's system management port in MCS box.

Thanks in advance,

I would open a TAC case for that. The support matrix for hardware and software (I think only 5.0 and 6.0) whether you can use it for upgrades (I know you can't use HP's ILO for upgrades for some reason) is weird.

I opened a TAC case for the RSA a year or so ago (can't remember the details) and it gave me a headache, so I told the customer to either use VNC for what they wanted to do or buy an IP KVM switch (some of which may also have issues especially during upgrades.)

I just use VNC for management. The idea sounds nice to be able to see POST, etc, but the real world makes it too complicated to want to use.

Did you ever figure this out?  I am new to IBM servers and need to know

how to setup the RSA II to obtain ILO like functionality.

Thanks

Frank

parshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

So if I understand correctly you want to do something similar to HP iLO with the IBM server. In IBM terminology, this feature is called IBM RSA II Slimline, this their name for remote managerment via IP.

Please refer to the following doc from IBM for info on how to configure and use the RSA on this server.

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/systems/support/system_x_pdf/43w7827.pdf

Thanks,

Has any one been able to get the remote control feature working?

I have exactly the same question. This is for UCM and UXN 8.0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: