Replies

Public IP with MPLS TE

enovikov1982
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have next scheme:

R_Customer<-->R_1(SP)<-->R_2(SP)<-->internet

Between R_1 and R_2 using IP/MPLS with Traffic Engineering (TE using for equal load balancing, because between R_1

(Cisco 2821) and R_2(Cisco 7206VXR) two physical links on 2 and 4 mbit/s). R_Customer has Public IP (P2P) for access

to Internet. When i made "ping" with Internet on gateway for R_Customer (Public IP P2P), "ping" is ok. When i made "ping" with Internet on Public IP R_Customer, "ping" is fail. But when i turn off TE, "ping" on Public IP R_Customer is ok.

Help me to solve this problem.

4 Replies 4

swaroop.potdar
Level 7
Level 7

Can you please attach your configs on your devices, so the situation can be analysed further.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Part of config routers.

Ok, now if understand what your topology looks like what your are trying to do.

Nothing looks wrong with the config as well. Can you please give an output of the show route to the destination which you want to reach, (using the tunnels and without the tunnels) Just plain show route should be fine from the global table as i dont see any vrf's being populated for the source or the internet destination.

That should be of help

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Thank you for help!

VRF and others VPN are used on R_1, but this is other part of config.

I have entered following command "no ip route-cache cef" on GigabitEthernet0/0 of R_1 and problem was solved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: