Views
Helpful
Replies

Config CSA MC LDAP Authentication

joe.ho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to setup LDAP authentication on CSA MC. The version is 5.2.0.225. I am not able to find any documentation for LDAP setup on this version.

Here are my questions. If I input the information wrong in the LDAP setup will I be able to login using the local database? In another word will the server check LDAP first and when there is no match or LDAP server is down then it will check for local database? Second question is a bit general. How to setup the LDAP authentication? Is there any example? The fields in this version are:

server

user prefix

Base DN

Group Restriction

- Attribute

- Group DN

LDAP User Search Mode

- User DN

- Password

It is important I don't get logout from enable the LDAP authentication. I appreciate for your feedback.

3 Replies 3

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Yes it will allow logon locally or via LDAP .

The second question depends on your LDAP implementation.

I haven't been able to get it to work, but then I know little about LDAP.

Tom

Thanks for the respond. I have read on the old doc I think it said the local administrator user id need to be the same as the AD id. It doesn't sound right to me.

Local database doesn't scale. I have to share the same password amount the helpdesk since it doesn't have the option for the user to change password on first login.

It is unfortunate I don't have a test environment. If someone has the detail doc on the LDAP setup for version 5.2.0.225 please forwards it.

Glad to hear it Joe.

Please use the rating system if a post helps solve your problem so others can benefit.

Thanks

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: