cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity4.2, what's the Call Handler greeting timer

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

I know the subscriber greeting timer can be changed via COS (default subcriber=30, default administrator=90)

what about call handler which will be used for AA? what's default greeting length and where can I change? call handler doesn't have COS assignment so cannot use the subscriber's COS setting.

Advise please,

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

My understanding is that the Greeting Length for a Call Handler is determined by the COS of the person recording the Greeting. Have a look;

Class of Service Greetings Settings

The class of service greetings setting specifies the maximum length of greetings.

Subscribers > Class of Service > Greetings Page

Field Considerations

Maximum Greeting Length in Seconds

Select the recording length allowed to subscribers assigned to this COS for recording greetings.

The range is 1 to 999 seconds; the default is 90 seconds.

If enabled, a warning tone will sound before the maximum greeting length is reached.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008014f9da.html#1057646

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

I know COS for subscribers (default subcriber=30, default administrator=90) but how assign this COS to Call Handler.

John

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

Sorry, I didn't explain this properly :( Lets try again here. There is no setting that can be changed on the "Call Handler" that determines the Greeting Maximum Length. This Greeting Length is based on the COS Maximum Greeting Length of the person who is doing the recording.

So if the person who is doing the recording has a Subscriber COS with a Maximum Greeting Length of 90 Seconds, this will be applied to the Call Handler as well. If you needed the Call Handler to have a 3 minute Greeting you would have to adjust the Subscriber COS for the person doing the recording to 180 seconds.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Can you confirm this for me.

The call handler's default owner is 'Example Administrator' which owner type 'Subscriber' and COS=default administrator.

Can I then change the COS for 'deault administrator' change from '90' to '180'?

Thanks,

John