Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble installing DMA 6.0.1

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

When installing DMA 6.0.1 on a 4.1.3 callmanager it fails with the following error (from log file)

10/21/2007 01:27:33.217 DMASetup.cpp fnRunCommand CreateProcess returned: 1603

10/21/2007 01:27:33.217 DMASetup.cpp fnRunCommand Function ended

10/21/2007 01:27:33.249 DMASetup.cpp fnInstallPackage msiexec.exe: Error: 1603: Fatal error during installation.

10/21/2007 01:27:33.249 DMASetup.cpp fnInstallPackage Cisco Data Migration Assistant Install did not complete successfully. Review the log file for more information.

10/21/2007 01:27:34.983 DMASetup.cpp fnInstallPackage Function ended

10/21/2007 01:27:34.983 DMASetup.cpp WinMain Function ended.

Attached the complete log file.

Has anyone any idea?

Thanks,

8 Replies 8

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

attached the log file

Jan

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jan,

I think that there are some other log files that will shed more light on this issue,this doc might help with your troubleshooting;

CallManager 4.x to 5.0 Upgrade Fails Due to DMA Error (this info should be applicable for the 6.x DMA)

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00807f3307.shtml

Hope this helps! And good luck.

Rob

Hello Rob,

I have the problem that I can not install DMA. It stops at the moment it wants o install IDSxx something, this is the informix database I think.

At this moment we install a fresh CM 4.1.3 and try to restore the backup and see,

thanks,

Jan

Hi,

For all of you who encounter this problem:

1. Make a fresh install on a spare machine

2. Make a BARS backup from the old machine

3. Restore backup on the spare server

4. Run DMA

5. Continue with the normal upgrade

I don't know why this error happens, maybe because it was an old machine with the base OS 2000.2.3 or something went wrong during these years that caused this problem.

Bye,

Jan

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

You might want to check if you are running into the following Bug:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsi69720

As mentioned in the Bug, from command prompt run cscript and confirm that you have Microsoft Windows Script Host Version 5.6. Incase you dont have the version mentioned above, please download this from Microsoft site and install it on the box

Hope this helps

Thank you Mahesh,

I have upgraded the Callmanager doing a fresh install and restoring the backup.

I have written down this bug, because I have at least 3 other upgrades comming up and this could have saved me a lot of time.

Thanks again,

Jan

Sreekanth Narayanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

My customer is facing a similar issue as described in the original problem.

Jan, assuming that I have 2 call manager servers in the cluster running 4.x, wouldn't the new install of call manager on the spare server be synonymous with addition of a new subscriber server in the cluster? Or are you implying that this spare server should have no connection with the present call manager cluster?

Thanks,

Sreekanth

Hi,

I really had to think and try to remember this problem, it is 5 years ago! And Cisco has given me more then enough problems/challenges to forget this one

If I remember well, the original system was not installed by me, and I don't know really the history of it.

I faced problems installing the DMA program, not the actual upgrade!

I was in a hurry, so I installed fresh CM 4.1.3 system on a different server (same hostname etc)

Then I restored the BARS backup on the new server, and after that I was able to install DMA and perform the DMA upgrade.

The file created by DMA was restored in the Linux Callmanager (version 6 I think)

Please check the bug mentioned by Mahesh.

I have done several DMA upgrades after this one and I never encountered this problem  again (other problems, but not this one)

I believe something was wrong with the windows, and I was afraid to upgrade windows with an SR, so I went for the safe approach.

Jan