CCNA question

Unanswered Question
Oct 21st, 2007

HI all

Can anyone help with this question please.

which cable to use between 2 buildings which are 55 meters apart and have different voltage. what is the right answer and why?






I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rayroyaleverest Sun, 10/21/2007 - 13:51

I might use fiber between buildings because it will provide more protection from electromagnetic interference. Is any other technical data provided?

a.cruea1980 Tue, 10/23/2007 - 09:33

Are you only allowed one answer?

The voltage, AFAIK, really has no bearing on this question, because the appliance sets the voltage on the line.

So I'd say STP, coax, and fiber. All meet the length requirements, and all are shielded to provide against EMF.

And let me clarify, fiber would be the best choice. But with the little information given, you can use 3 of the 4 choices.

carowe0323 Wed, 10/24/2007 - 05:32

I am helping some students prep, and am sitting for a recert on Friday; the thing to remember is to think in "exam mode"; the book will tell you fiber, so that is the choice they are expecting. Especially in the USA, coax is dead, and STP is rare; it's almost always UTP vs. Fiber, and between buildings, the answer is always going to be fiber.

Kevin Dorrell Wed, 10/24/2007 - 05:41

I assumed they were referring to the ground reference voltage rather than to the supply voltage. In which case, anything copper is a no-no.


This Discussion