insert7992
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to download the IOS 12.4(11)T. I went to :

http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/

and clicked on :

"Cisco IOS Software"

The authentication is always failed when I type in my CISCO account and password.

Why does this happen? I'm sure I didn't make mistakes on typing. Do I need to register another high level account(if it exist) to obtain the IOS?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

1)You can check on eBay for used Cisco 2610

2)2600XM is not the current model, the current model is the 2800 Series. For price range, see :http://www.dealtime.com/xPC-CISCO2811

3)It will work on the 2600XM

View solution in original post

If you need 12.4(9)T2 then 2610 is a bad choice.

The last code release that supports the 2610 hardware is 12.3(23)

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The account you are trying to use must be associated to an existing contract in order to be allowed to download IOS software.

Go to http://www.cisco.com and click on Login at the top of the page. If the authentication fails, you will be instructed on where to send a request to have the account reset.

Thanks for your help.

I tried to login as you suggested. The login is successful but I still have the same problem. That is:

after I login, I click the "Cisco IOS Software ", a pop up authentication window ask for my acc_name and password, then the previous password failed and following information appeared:

=============================================

We Apologize

The page you are trying to access requires a Cisco.com user name and password.

You have reached this page for one of the following reasons:

You have entered an invalid user name/password combination. If you feel this is an error, please try to login again.

You have forgotten your password.

Forgot Your User Name or Password?

Reset your password

Not Registered?

Benefits of registering

Register now

Has your password been reset?

Your Cisco password may have been reset. To receive your new password, send a blank e-mail from the account which you entered upon registration to cco-locksmith@cisco.com.

If You Are Still Not Able to Log In

Reactivate your Cisco.com username:

If you have not logged in within the last 12 months you may need to reactivate your account.

Reset your password:

Send a blank e-mail to cco-locksmith@cisco.com. An automatic check will verify that your e-mail address is registered with Cisco.com. If successful, you will receive your account details with a new random password via e-mail.

Complete the Cisco.com registration process by validating your email address:

Please check the e-mail account that you entered when you registered for a Cisco.com profile. Click on or cut-and-paste the URL into a browser address window to return to Cisco.com and confirm your e-mail address to complete the registration.

You must complete this final step before you can log in to Cisco.com.

=============================================

I tried to reset my password several times and it just didn't work.

In you post, you mentioned "associated to an existing contract ", does this mean I need to do some special setting somewhere or do I have to buy a router before I can download IOS software.

Thanks a lot.

Joe

Joe

It would appear that your CCO login does not have sufficient privilege for downloading software. Cisco makes it possible for many people to get a login ID which allows them to see and use many features of CCO. But some features (including download of software) require a higher privilege level. As suggested by Edison usually it requires associating the login ID with an active maintenance contract on some Cisco equipment to get the software download privilege. Is your ID associated with an active maintenance contract?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Try this, go to http://www.cisco.com, click on Login.

After Login, click on Profile (right next to Login) on that page. Enter your credentials once again, click on Additional Access.

Under Your Access, you should have a Service Contract Owner link.

Click there,

a) if you have contracts listed - you should be allowed to download IOS only if your contract is still valid.

b) if you don't have contracts listed and you've purchased a smartnet contract, click on Obtain access to additional Service Contracts

c) if you haven't purchased a smartnet contract or your contract has been invalidated , you aren't allowed to download IOS.

Thanks to both rburts and EdisonOrtiz. I see the point now.

Several more questions please. I saw on CISCO website, CISCO2610 router are no longer available since 2003, and was replaced by CISCO2600XM router.

(1).Is it possible I can buy a used CISCO2610 on CISCO or somewhere else?

(2).Can you give me the price range for a CISCO2600XM router?

(3).Does IOS12.4(11)T work with CISCO2610 or CISCO2600XM?

Thank you very much.

Joe

1)You can check on eBay for used Cisco 2610

2)2600XM is not the current model, the current model is the 2800 Series. For price range, see :http://www.dealtime.com/xPC-CISCO2811

3)It will work on the 2600XM

Thank you very much for your information.

I'm sorry that I should have said "and" for the third question. Namely, does IOS12.4(11)T works on the 2610 too?

Thanks again.

No, it does not.

Thank you for your very useful information.

Then which version can be run on 2610? In order to run Squid2.6 and for some other purpose, I need at least 12.4(9)T2 for a working router. Is that possible? Or Does it mean that 2610 is a very bad choice?

If you need 12.4(9)T2 then 2610 is a bad choice.

The last code release that supports the 2610 hardware is 12.3(23)

12.3(24), as of 19th October!

Thanks to both of you.

Some documentation says that if we want a router work with WCCP, loading 12.3T(any version) is a very bad choice, is that true?

If this is true, as EdisonOrtiz recommended, I will have to consider choosing 2610XM and 12.4(11)T, although it's more expensive. Would you guys give me some confirmation advise on this setting so that I can make sure it works with WCCP and Squid2.6?

Thanks.

If you are looking for WCCP support, it will work on any version 12.0 and later on the 2610.

Can you post the link where it says that configuring WCCP on 12.3T is bad ?

As you said, WCCP is claimed to be work with many routers. I'm trying to make Squid2.6 and WCCP work together by following the experience from:

http://www.reub.net/node/3

The author sames to have tested many IOS versions, but as he said, he worked on some low end routers--maybe that's one of the problems(not sure).

In my case, I will work on 2610XM router(ordered one today), so I'd like to follow his advise and asked the dealer to load IOS12.4(11)T into my router.

I will appreciate if you can give me some advise.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco