unity license upgrade issues from 4.x to 5.x

Unanswered Question
Oct 21st, 2007
User Badges:

We used the contract number and by using the product upgrade tool we ordered the license for the same the details are as below

Item Requested:

Product Number Product Description Qty

UNITY4.X-SL16-VUP Unity, UM or VM version update to 4.X - 16 session license 50

UNITY40-SL16-VERUP Unity, UM or VM version update to 4.0 - 16 session license 50

UNITY5-SL32-VUPK9 Unity 5.X Version Upgrade from 4.X - 32 ports or less 50

UNITY5-SL96-VUPK9 Unity 5.X Version Upgrade from 4.X - 33 ports or more 50

We received some 100 PAK and serial numbers for this and we got 200 cd,s and the weight was 260kg.We were surprised as we have ordered previously and received only one PAK.we used the PAK and serial nos but we were not to able to mention the MAC address of the second nic card(it is a failover licence upgrade)

Can anybody help on both the issues.

Thanks

Madhu

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
mchandak Mon, 10/22/2007 - 04:37
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

I'm not sure as to why you need to mention the MAC Address of your secondary NIC. With Unity Failover you dont have to get a license for 2 NIC cards on the server. You only need to mention the MAC Address of the Active NIC on your Primary Unity Server. Also, incase this also does not work, please send an email to [email protected] to open a case with the licensing team so that they can generate a valid license for you.

Hope this helps

madhusudhan.s Mon, 10/22/2007 - 04:44
User Badges:

Thanks mahesh for your reply.I received 100 pak's and 100 serial nos can you please let me know the reason for the same and want to know why they have sent 200 sets of cd,s from the orderabale items.

Thanks

Madhu

mchandak Mon, 10/22/2007 - 05:09
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

I dont think you have got 100 PAK and 100 S/N. From the info you have provided, looks like you have got 200 PAKs. The parts you have ordered is not for the number of users. Each of the part numbers for Port license and not user license. So you would therefore get the number of CDs and PAKs.

Hope this helps

madhusudhan.s Mon, 10/22/2007 - 20:49
User Badges:

Thanks for your reply.But when i used the PAK for generating the license i found each PAK was generating one user license and i was able to generate 100 license from the PAK and the 100 serials nos.is this the right way to generate normally there will be only one PAK and we will be able to generate license for 50 users.

Thanks

Madhu

Actions

This Discussion