Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Calling Number Display Malformed

mattiep00
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have CME 4.2 running on a 2811 router, and when incoming local calls come in - the display on the ip phone is a strange variety of characters. I have included a screenshot (ip comm as I dont have a digital camera handy) and also the debug q.931. Does any have any ideas why this would display as so?

Unknown numbers show up as 'unknown' however.

THanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Which exact IOS is this ? Do you need any specific 4.2 feature or can you use 12.4(11)XJ4 sthat is stable and has many bugs fixed ?

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Which exact IOS is this ? Do you need any specific 4.2 feature or can you use 12.4(11)XJ4 sthat is stable and has many bugs fixed ?

I'm using Version 12.4(11)XW3.

This was happening to me on version 3.3 on a 2651 as well, so i dont think it's a CME issue.

I will download and test now. Any other ideas?

Thanks

XW4 has also been released. I see funny characters on my IP communicator too at times, which version are you using ?

Version 2.0.2 of the Communicator. Its also on the phones (using load P0030800500).

Ive just replaced the image, and gone back to P0030800400 so will be able to test in a little while.

What is you incoming dial-peer, and Serial port set to?

Mine are:

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

description ** PRI POTS Incoming dial-peer **

incoming called-number ....

direct-inward-dial

!

!

interface Serial0/0/0:15

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-net5

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn bchan-number-order ascending

no cdp enable

!

Hi,

for this problem, the config really doesn't matter. There is FW 8.0(7) available for the phones, that you can try.

Well, strange things. after re-loading IOS to CME4.1 when I dial myself it comes up properly! The site is in Singapore, so need to wait until tomorrow to get someone to test properly but it looks like there may be an issue with CME4.2!

Will post results tomorrow night!

Thanks for your help though

I'm running into the exact same incoming call strange character issue.

CME 4.2 running on a 2811 router. The exact IOS image that I'm using:

c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-11.XW1.bin

I'm holding off on downgrading back to 4.1 so I tried downgrading the phone firmware. The firmware was SCCP 8-2-2SR2 and I tried the older SCCP 8-2-2SR1. That did not help.

Anyone find a resolution to this issue while remaining on 4.2?

Thanks,

- Nate

Hi, can you try XW6?

There's a bazillion of bugs fixed from XW1.

'

I must have had one out of the bazillion. Thanks that resolved my issue! I was not sure I could upgrade the IOS when the CME files specifically called for XW1.

That was fast! The gui files IMHO are so poorly written that know little difference between CME XWhatever and a kitchen sink.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: