Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 does not parse XML

leeflang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an 7960 and an 7970. I have installed the sample applications on IIS 6.

The 7970 parses the output fine. The 7960 doesn't. It gives:

<CiscoIPPhoneImage>

<Depth>2</Depth>

<Width>132</Width>

<Height>64</Height>

<LocationX>-1</LocationX>

<LocationY>-1</LocationY>

<Data> etc.....

Anyone any idee where to start looking?

TIA

Albert

18 Replies 18

Mike-1985
Level 1
Level 1

Could you please post the full xml you are sending to the IP Phones? So I can test it here for you ;-)

Yes, i can. I hope it is helpfull. The sample app is out the Cisco Phone SDK, so i assumed it should work.

Are there differences in the way the phone parses the Xml between an 7970 and 7960?

I've tested it on a 7940 and 7960... both works fine. Haven't tested it on 7970 because it was in use for other development.

so the code seemd fine to me. I couldn't find anything strange.

What does your 7960 give as response? Does it shows the xml as plain text on the ip phone?

My 7970 and 7921 works also fine. The 7960 just shows the plain text of the Xml.

Can you give me the version of firmware you use in the 7960? I can try the same verion, so i can rule that out. Now i am running with P00308000400.

App Load ID:

P00307020400

Boot Load ID:

PC0303010200

Thank you, i will give it a try tomorrow and let you know if it is an version issue!

let me know ;-)

Well i've updates my phone. Now i have also:

App Load ID:

P00307020400

Boot Load ID:

PC0303010001

But still no xml application, only text :-(

Do you know any other options?

Well, i figured it out. It's a little bit weird. I had the application under the questionmark button. That did work under the 7970 but not under the 7960.

Now i have configured the application under the services button and it works like a charm.

Weird that it works anyway on the 7970, But solved for one happy cisco geek (me).

I am having this exact same problem except I am actually using the SERVICES button and am still just getting the XML output. Has anyone a clue on what might be happening? I verified that the "content-type: text/xml" header is being sent to the client, and it does work properly in IP communicator. I am using 7960/40 as well with 8.0(4.0) firmware. Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi,

Have you also tried to connect to an online Xml service like Beerbee (http://www.berbee.com/public/berbeesoftware/XMLFree.aspx) to make sure it isn't an code issue?

Yes, the Berbee Services site works fine.

Well, so it should be something in the code. Have you also tried to install the sample codes from the Cisco Ip Phone SDK?

Also, can you attacht the problematic file, so i can test it in my scenario.

I was able to work around the problem. It seems that loading an ASP based menu for the starting point when hitting the services key is not supported, but it does work as an option from the menu. So to resolve the issue, I now have a static menu.xml file as my entry point when hitting the services key, and the asp based scripts are selected from the main menu, and this works great. I am guessing this is a quirk with the 7940/60, because it only was a problem on those models.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: