Busy tone needed

Unanswered Question
Oct 22nd, 2007

We are about to go live in a call centre, each of the call centre agents has a Cisco IP phone running on CCM 5.0 with extension mobility but instead of Cisco IPCC we are using an externally hosted call centre solution (call centre in the cloud). The call centre solution works by us configuring a list of DDI's via a web portal, the solution will then try each DDI in turn to deliver the calls to an agent. The problem is we need a simple way for the agents to be able to log out of the ACD group when they go on breaks etc. The call centre provider has told me that other customers have been able to do this by making the DDI return a “user busy” when the agent is not available to take calls. We thought that logging out the phone may do this but when calling a logged out phone DDI “Destination out of order” is returned. I am looking for a way that we can return a “user busy” tone if the phone is logged out. Similar to Nortel's MSB (Make Set Busy) feature. All suggestions welcome, q931 packet manipulation, forwarding phones to dummy extensions etc.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

This Discussion