Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 5 Cluster Prob.

i have two different MCS server 7815 and 7835 and we have support 3000 ip phone so how Clustring we do? plz tell me

8 Replies 8

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will not be able to "cluster" this solution. CallManager needs to have Publisher and then Subscribers. Your Subscribers are basically your "cluster" servers. They must be all the same MCS server platforms.

I would head on down to the Cisco Store and purchase a new 7835 for your subscriber. In fact, since you have 3000 phones, I would even go

Publisher

Subscriber01

Subscriber02

Hope this helps

Is it possible to communicate from one cluster to another cluster,is it required to trunk or otherwise what we can do...plz suggest.Is it possible through this way we can allow 3000 ip phones in our network through clustering with one cluster of 7835(2) & another cluster is of 7815(2) .

Yes, sorry about that. I did not understand exactly what you were asking. With ICT (Intercluster Trunks) you can communicate between any version of CallManager and MCS platforms. The cluster will be able to display callerID information, etc. Just setup the Route Points and Dialing patterns for each cluster so they can communicate.

hii Tommer Catlin,

i am asking about intercluster trunk(non-gatekeeper controlled )through we can communicate between two cluster? so how can we do this i don't no and it's right solution or not ? my aim is finaly using this 4 no of server we can support 3000 ip phone.

if u having any solution

plz give me solution..

i am wating....

it's a little hard to understand what you want or are trying to say:

Cluster A

7815 Publisher

7815 Subscriber

Cluster B

7835 Publisher

7835 Subscriber

These clusters are separated and have no current connection between. You can create a ICT between the two clusters for dialing between clusters.

Extension 4000 on Cluster A needs to dial Extension 4000 on Cluster B. To do this, you will need to setup an access code such as "6" then dial 4000. This tells CallManager on Cluster A to push the digits out the ICT trunk when a "6" is used in the string followed by XXXX.

If you have unique digits on each Cluster, such as Cluster A extension 4000 wants to dial Cluster B Extension 5000, then a simple route pattern is all that is needed. (Route Pattern 5xxx -----> ICT to Cluster B)

ICT between CallManager clusters do not have a limit on the number of calls it can handle. Bandwidth determines this. If the Cluster A and Cluster B are on the same LAN, and the switch they are plugged into can handle this traffic, then there is no problem. If they are geographically separated, then you will need to factory in bandwidth between the clusters. Typically, G.729 between sites are used, which I think is 45k, but cant recall.

45k x number of calls = total bandwidth needed.

Make sense?

hii Tommer Catlin

thanks for your valuable suggestion.

ok so is it possible that my one 7835 cluster support 2500 ip phone and another 7815 cluster support 500 ip phone and this way we can support total 3000 ip phone at a time in our network

hii Tommer Catlin

thanks for your valuable suggestion.

ok so is it possible that my one 7835 cluster support 2500 ip phone and another 7815 cluster support 500 ip phone and this way we can support total 3000 ip phone at a time in our network

plz Reply me ok thanks again

Yes, this should be fine. You can also use the capacity tool to figure out exactly how many IP phones, T1s, gateways, conferencing, etc you can support per platform.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/CT/PGWCT/ct.cgi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: