Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6: restorebackup.pl doesn't have -force option

Hi folks!!

In order to run restore backup in background mode, I need that this script doesn't ask to me, if or not want to overwrite the Certificate!

hera you are a log example

<Certificate restore starts>

WARNING: Cannot evaluate the hostname, hence the certificate may be from this host or another host.

[ Certificate not overwritten ]

<Certificate restore not done> - User opted not to restore or the certificate is not valid.

Restored Certificate.

---------------------------------

The previous version of restorebackup.pl could be forced to do this!

Any helps would be appreciate!

Thanks

Leonardo

3 Replies 3

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unlike LMS 2.2, in LMS 2.6, hostname discrepancy in the certificate no longer stops the restorebackup.pl from restoring the rest of the backup, so it makes sense the -force option is no longer needed. Why would you want to overwrite the existing certificate with the one from another box anyway, when it's a nonfactor getting the backup restored across hosts?

Hi yjdabear,

I don't like to restore certificate to another machine.

I would like that restore backup script goes anyway without any intereactive option.

This script must be run as a scheduled task.

You told me that the current LMS2.6 script doesn't stop the restore procedure and it continue anyway?

WBR

Leonardo

Yes. In LMS 2.6, the restore continues on after that WARNING, without needing manual intervention.

Restoring certificate.

WARNING: Cannot evaluate the hostname, hence the certificate

may be from this host or another host.

[ Certificate not overwritten ]

Restored Certificate.

Restoring Common Services database.

Restored successfully.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: