Testing A String Variable In An Application Script

Answered Question

Hey all, I am working with a script that takes the calling party number when the caller calls. That string is converted to an integer and that number is used to populate our Help Desk App when the call is connected to an agent. It works great except when the calling party number is Unknown. When this occurs the application stops when it tries to convert the string value to an integer. Does anyone know how I can test the string value to determine if it is an number before converting it to an integer? This is how my script works.

1. Get Call Contact Info. (sets Calling Number as CallingParty string)

2. Set CallingPartyINT = CallingParty (This is the break point)

3. Test CallingPartyINT and determine location for CSQ routing.

Thanks in advance, if you have any ideas on how I should do this.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Dennis Fogler about 9 years 3 months ago

After step one where you get the Calling Number in the CallingParty string. I would use an "IF" check to see if there is anything in the CallingParty string.

Use the "IF" step and then click on ... to launch the expressions editor. Then type:

CallingParty == ""

If there is nothing there it will evaluate as "true" and you can take action to prevent it from being converted to an integer. If it is false then you can process the call and convert the value to an integer.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Dennis Fogler Mon, 10/22/2007 - 10:32

After step one where you get the Calling Number in the CallingParty string. I would use an "IF" check to see if there is anything in the CallingParty string.

Use the "IF" step and then click on ... to launch the expressions editor. Then type:

CallingParty == ""

If there is nothing there it will evaluate as "true" and you can take action to prevent it from being converted to an integer. If it is false then you can process the call and convert the value to an integer.

Actions

This Discussion