Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIM-CUE to NM-CUE

Is there a way to export Configuration, Application Data and Voice Mail Messages from a AIM-CUE actually working to a NM-CUE without the need to create mailboxes or users messages??

AIM-CUE v2.3.4 and wish to upgraded to v3.0.2 in NM-CUE.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Before upgrade to v3.0, you will need backup your vm and config to a ftp server, cue only support ftp backup (uc520 will support backup with CCA tool and is another story).

cue# config t

cue#(config)# backup server url ftp://x.x.x.x/backups username username password password

cue#(config)# backup revisions 10 (the maximum backups kept on server)

cue#(config)# exit

cue#

cue# show backup

Server URL: ftp://x.x.x.x/backups

User Account on Server: username

Number of Backups to Retain: 10

use the gui interface to backup your vm and config. Or use below cli command to backup:

1. offline

2. backup category all

3. continue: This command bring back to online mode from offline.

4. show backup history

5. show backup server

After upgrade to the new version 3.0, on the new system config the same FTP server as backup, command will be the same as above.

After setup the ftp on cue, restore the config and VM to the new system:

cue# show backup server

cue# offline

cue(offline)# restore id nn category config data

Note: if you use "restore id nn category all" will cause restore failure as historical restore is not allowed by system.

Hope this helps.

Wayne

P.S, the ftp server I'm using is FileZilla Server, which is a fast and convenient one to use.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

for config, you can do "service-module session" to connect to CUE, do "show run" and that is your config that you can paste back into new module. I think it's possible to save messages too, but I'm not quite sure how.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks for your answer, but actually that's my problem I need to solve, the personal messages is what I most like to keep. Any idea how to do it??

Cause in the NM-CUE menu via GUI, the restore option is gray, I can't select it. The NM-CUE is new with v3.0.2

Thanks,

Hello,

Before upgrade to v3.0, you will need backup your vm and config to a ftp server, cue only support ftp backup (uc520 will support backup with CCA tool and is another story).

cue# config t

cue#(config)# backup server url ftp://x.x.x.x/backups username username password password

cue#(config)# backup revisions 10 (the maximum backups kept on server)

cue#(config)# exit

cue#

cue# show backup

Server URL: ftp://x.x.x.x/backups

User Account on Server: username

Number of Backups to Retain: 10

use the gui interface to backup your vm and config. Or use below cli command to backup:

1. offline

2. backup category all

3. continue: This command bring back to online mode from offline.

4. show backup history

5. show backup server

After upgrade to the new version 3.0, on the new system config the same FTP server as backup, command will be the same as above.

After setup the ftp on cue, restore the config and VM to the new system:

cue# show backup server

cue# offline

cue(offline)# restore id nn category config data

Note: if you use "restore id nn category all" will cause restore failure as historical restore is not allowed by system.

Hope this helps.

Wayne

P.S, the ftp server I'm using is FileZilla Server, which is a fast and convenient one to use.

Thanks for your comments that help me solve my problem.

The reason that I had a grey option in the restore Menu, was because the Backup/Restore configuration option, was not correct the directory.

Best Regards,

You are welcome my friend. Glad to know you work it out.

Cheers,

Wayne

As long as you have the same version of CUE running on both platforms you "can" back up the CUE. There are three types of backups; configuration, data or all.

The data backup option backs up scripts, recorded names, user messages and custom prompts.

If you log into the CUE you will need to set up a backup server which is just an FTP server. Once this is setup you can put the CUE into "offline" mode and issue the back up command.

Check out the following link for the full detailed commands:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_3/install/app_back.html

Incidentally, you can restore to a newer version of CUE (it's not like regular Unity, where the restore requires the same version where it was backed up from). You just can't restore a backup from a newer version of CUE to an older version of CUE. The hardware platform does not matter, as long as the licensing is the same or greater (i.e. you can't restore something to an AIM from an NM if the amount is greater than what the AIM supports)

You should be able to backup the older version (regardless of hardware platform) and restore it. You do need to make sure you have the same software license (or at least as many mailboxes and the same type).

The new restore should work. I'm guessing the restore option is grey because it doesn't have a backup server configured, username/password or something.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: