We are in the process of implementing a new network at one of our locations. We have purchased 2 6509s w SUP 720 to act as Core/Dist and for access layer, we have purchased 6 6509 w SUP 32. All the uplinks will be 10 Gig from Access.
We are thinking that we should do Layer 3 at Access and the proposed design is attached.
I have some questions/concerns listed below and wanted to get some feedback from this group.
1. Is this a good design and will it work.
2. We have not worked on Layer 3 at access so any best practices documents anyone can recommend. Any gotchas that we should be worried about.
3. What is the best practice for management IPs in the layer 3 design. In layer 2, we used to have all management IPs in one vlan but ofcourse this does not work well in Layer 3.
4. I am thinking that I will reserve 4 class Cs per IDF closet so that we can meet any future requirements. Any recommendations.
5. Any implications of NAC or other technologies that may not work with layer 3 design. I know of Wireless with Autonomous APs and we are implementing Lightweight Architecure. So I don't think we will have issue there.