cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant console queuing

littledavewhite
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with 3 ac's, they want callers to recieve ring tone when the operators are all busy on calls. Currentley when all attendants are busy, the calling party recieves music on hold ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dave,

The use of "Queueing" will always look for a MOH file or will play/give silence. You could use the ringback.wav for the MOH in this instance to accomplish this request;

(I try to not second guess customer wishes but it does seem odd that your customer would prefer a "ring no answer" type response over MOH but ......)

This info should be applicable;

Here is a good reference;

Q. How do I make the Music on Hold (MOH) as a ringback tone when using Cisco CallManager with IPCC?

A. When an ICD call rings an agent, the caller is put on hold by the CallManager. At this point, the CallManager MOH can be used to play a ringback tone to the ICD caller while waiting for the Agent to answer the phone. In order to set this up, you need to configure all the CTI ports Network Hold Audio Source as the wav file (ringback.wav) you want to play during the consult transfer.

Note: Make sure that the ringback.wav file is in the CallManager server and configured appropriately.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item09186a0080094766.shtml#foura

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

Can you check to see if you have an User MOH, Network MOH, or MRG that contains MOH assigned to the pilot point?

Or Assigned to a Device Pool that contains any of the above?

i have tried removing the music on hold sources from all devices in the attendant console config, but i cannot just get ringing when all operators are busy. I'm wondering if this is normal operation ?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dave,

The use of "Queueing" will always look for a MOH file or will play/give silence. You could use the ringback.wav for the MOH in this instance to accomplish this request;

(I try to not second guess customer wishes but it does seem odd that your customer would prefer a "ring no answer" type response over MOH but ......)

This info should be applicable;

Here is a good reference;

Q. How do I make the Music on Hold (MOH) as a ringback tone when using Cisco CallManager with IPCC?

A. When an ICD call rings an agent, the caller is put on hold by the CallManager. At this point, the CallManager MOH can be used to play a ringback tone to the ICD caller while waiting for the Agent to answer the phone. In order to set this up, you need to configure all the CTI ports Network Hold Audio Source as the wav file (ringback.wav) you want to play during the consult transfer.

Note: Make sure that the ringback.wav file is in the CallManager server and configured appropriately.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item09186a0080094766.shtml#foura

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob

Thanks for the post, when the operators are all busy and the customer rings in, going straight to music on hold can be a little confusing, i suppose a recorded message would be better than music. i will try the ringback tone as a seperate music on hols source hopefully this will accomodate the customer requirments.

They're speaking about IPCC. Does that mean I need an additonal product for this feature ?

Regards

Charles

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dave,

You are most welcome :) I agree that a Custom MOH file that answers and gives the caller some basic info before Music is an excellent idea. I might try to run that by the customer before going with the Ringback plan. It is a nice touch that the customer may not have thought of and you may well earn some additional points for this innovative approach.

Good Luck!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: