cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3. 0 - CiscoWorks Daemon Manager services crashing

e233797abc
Level 1
Level 1

Recently installed LMS 3.0 on a Windows Server 2003 R2 server with 2Gb of memory (400Mb available) and it's working fine for a few days and then the services on the server stops running. We have to manually restart the services. Any ideas what would be causing this? I ran the Server SelfTest in the Common Services and it passes all test succesfully.

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hopefully you are not managing more than 300 devices on this server, else you could be hitting memory problems which could trigger crashes.

When you say that the services stop, which services are stopping? Is it the CiscoWorks Daemon Management service? What messages do you see in your Windows Event Viewer? What other applications are installed on this server?

Hi,

LMS 3.0 application when down again today. After closer inspection, it looks like the Ciscoworks Web Server (Apache) services stops and then the service goes into "manual" mode. So it appear that the application is fine but I loose the web access. By restarting the Web Server serive I'm back to normal. It worked fine for 5 days or so. Any ideas?

The services MUST be in Manual startup mode. The only service that should be Automatic is the CiscoWorks Daemon Manager (as well as CWCS tftp, rsh, and syslog). Make sure they have not been changed. If so, set them back, then reboot the server.

Other than that, check the Event Viewer for errors around the time the web server stops. Also, check NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\logs\error.log.

Understood. The web server services was in Manual startup mode when we look at it but it had stopped for whatever reasons after working finr for over 5 days. We basically restarted it. We still need to understand why all of a sudden this service stops working.

Is it possible that you have an internal security scan that connecting to the web service? I ran into a similar problem with CUSM and probe registrations. Our internal vulnerability scans were overwhelming the resources on the server causing problems.

Then you need to do what I suggested, and look at the Windows Event Viewer and the error.log for possible causes of the web server crashing.

The Windows Event Viewer has no recorded events for this issue. I'm attaching the web server error log that was located at c:\program files\CSCOpx\Apache. Please review and let me know your thoughs. Tks..Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: