Backup CUCM 6.0 issue

Answered Question
Oct 22nd, 2007
User Badges:

I have CUCM 6.0 and it's working well, i want to take a backup through disaster recovery, when i add device and select network directory to my laptop(windows XP) with FreeFTPd tool as SFTP, i receive an error unable to login the network directory.

how can i configure network directory correctly, attached picture for the error of the disaster recovery and configuration of FreeFTPd tool.

Correct Answer by canowlin about 9 years 5 months ago

allan,

this worked..hmmmm I can't rate this as the person that originally opened the conversation

may still have issues

thanks!!!!

Overall Rating: 4.3 (5 ratings)
thisisshanky Mon, 10/22/2007 - 16:36
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

use anonymous login and just setup the root folder to which ever folder you want to setup on ur PC.

helawamry Thu, 11/01/2007 - 14:03
User Badges:

i did this procedure but it doesn't work, give me error can't login.

canowlin Wed, 11/28/2007 - 16:18
User Badges:

I have the same issue...with 5.1 the storage location works fine but the manual says unable to access sftp server...I don't even see trying to attach

allan.thomas Wed, 11/28/2007 - 17:20
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

I have experienced similar problems with the FreeFTPd in the past. The way I have configured it is as follows:-

1. Under SFTP configure the SFTP root directory for example E:

2. Create your user and configure the home directory E:\Backup

3. Under virtual directories create a folder named Backup, set the virtual to Backup and configure the real path to E:\Backup

4. When you configure the DRS network location specify / for the path name.

I have successfully configured the above setup for both 5.0.x and 5.1.x, unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to test with CUCM 6.0.

Regards

Allan.

Pls rate this post if you find it helpful.

Correct Answer
canowlin Wed, 11/28/2007 - 17:30
User Badges:

allan,

this worked..hmmmm I can't rate this as the person that originally opened the conversation

may still have issues

thanks!!!!

helawamry Wed, 12/05/2007 - 04:04
User Badges:

Dear All,

I have solved the issue and backup is wroking well now, for example let the sftp root directory C:\CCM, under CCM folder create another folder called backup, At DRS backup device, path name: backup.

adding server successfully.

Actions

This Discussion