MoH unicast and multicast in the same server

Unanswered Question
Oct 22nd, 2007

Does any one have tried to configure a server to provide multicast moh and unicast moh by using two different mrg, one with use multicast and the other without the use of multicast. I have configured like is stead in the SRND for cm 5.1 but is not working, instead of the unicast stream I get a tone on hold.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
thisisshanky Mon, 10/22/2007 - 16:29

So you are configuring the same server as multicast and unicast moh server. quick checklist to check.

a. multicast checkbox enabled on the moh server config page.

b. two mrg's both having the same server you enabled, one with mcast box checked, the other unchecked.

c. Once you configure all this, make sure you reset the phones in question who uses these two mrgls.

d.make sure your region of the phone in question to the region of the moh server uses a codec that is enabled under ip voice media streaming service parameters page. by default only g711ulaw is enabled. if you are using some other codec, moh will not be streamed using that codec unless you enabled it.

e. use a sniffer in the lan segment to see if you are seeing multicast and unicast traffic.

PS:please remember to rate posts!

This Discussion