Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCP error after logging in

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

Yesterday I configured CiscoUCP, where a user can change the password on their own. i gone the setup procedure mentioned in the website on how to configure UCP with the Cisco ACS with IIS & the permissions, after setting up, i logged in to http://10.1.1.1/secure(which is the cisco ACS server wher UCP is also installed) & it asks for the user name & password, i entered the user name & password, but after that i get a error message which i have attached to this. can you guide me where i have done the mistake?

2 Replies 2

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Here is some information that will help you in understanding UCP.

The UCP utility is not interactive. What I mean is that the user will not be prompted to

change his password!!. UCP is used when the user wants to change his password and not when

he is forced to do it, because he won't be prompted.

So it's not possible for a user to change its password with UCP when the password is expired.

Regards,

~JG

Please rate if helps !

Hi,

thanks for your reply, actually for a test purpose i created a new user whose password is not even set for "expiry password". after 3 days of struggle, this morning(IST) i found that the IIS permission has created problem, which had "Read" permission, later i have set to "Change" permission & it started working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: