Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCCP & SIP

i know that in CCM 5.1.1 Service > Enterprise Paramters > one options is Auto registration for SIP or SCCP, but

it is possible to support both SIP and SCCP phone auto registration at single time ?

2 Replies 2

tbazaz
Level 1
Level 1

No. Its not possible to do so.

I think of it like this: In an enterprise the phones are brought in bulk, so at a time we would require only one type of phone to be auto-registering.

The point we should note that, for your SIP phone to register the phone model should be present by default, or you may want to import a new image for that phone model (if available).

fkarami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jay,

I always recommend leaving auto reg of the phones to be on SCCP and if you want to have SIP phones at any time, you can convert them using the bulk admin tool.

To do so, go to Admin page of your CUCM, then select Bulk Admin from the drop down menu. Then go to Phones > Migrate Phones > SCCP to SIP    

This will allow you to change any phones from SCCP to SIP. (Depending on the version of your CUCM)

Please note that this is an irreversible procedure and the reverse if a manual procedure.

Hope this information is helpful for you.

Regards,

Farbod