Views
Helpful
Replies

Q ICME

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have a question regarding ICM enterprise, i have more than one application and different databases, and i need ICM to interact with each database to get the required data to present it as pop-up on the desktop agent through cti? is integration between ICM and more than one application applicable, and waht do i need to have for this integration to take place?

thanks

5 Replies 5

antonio.vazquez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

you can interact with more than database while you use to search the record the primary key column in the table. You should think that when you configure at ICM a database connection, if you use redundancy side A and side B are different servers and you could set different database name so.

Best regards

Antonio

You could used ICM by creating a database lookup and using DBWorker. However, I recommend you use a peripheral (e.g. IP-IVR, CVP) to do all your database transactions. Then pass that information back to ICM to present as a screenpop.

david

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

several answers have been provided, you need to take into consideration that every DB dip is holding your call alive and waiting for the proper target.

That said, there are different interfaces available:

IVR compatible DB/ODBC connection

or

ICM Application Gateway AKA GED145, through a proprietary interface available via subscription to Dev Support Services

or as other mentioned DBWorker

be aware DBWorker connects only to MS Sql Server Databases.

Or finally via an ODBC connection from your CTI application.

ICM routing ability learly emerges when you do an early DB interaction and then populate those values as pop ups in the back-end to your agents.

Please refer to the SRND for how different deployments models might fit your business needs.

Regards,

Riccardo

thank you all for helpful replies.

two more quick questions:

first, can someone guide me on a helpful document or link that details my first post, i could find many documents in cisco/univercd but i want a more specific document to my case.

second, assume i'm talking about enterprise edition, where is this issue particularly available and discussed, is it in ICMPT1, ICMPT2 or CVP course?

thanks

Just as a follow-up to Riccardo's statement, ICM has many opportunities for data integration. You first need to decide what you are using that data for.

- Call Routing Decisions. If you are performing external database lookups to pull data into ICM to make advanced call routing decisions then what Riccardo describes if the first part of his email is important. This would be something like taking an account number entered in the IVR and then performing a lookup via ICM to determine the value of the customer such as a Premium-type customer that would maybe get a premium call treatment.

- Screen Pop data for the agents. While some of this data can be presented by ICM (you are limited in payload) if you are trying to deliver data by ICM that already exists elsewhere then this is a ripe solution for custom CTI work. Give a specific value to the custom desktop (like customer ID) and have the desktop perform the data lookups to the existing databases.

Relating to guides, here is the URL for CTI/OS information with a developers guide in the list when you open the page. http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/icm/icmentpr/icm71doc/ctios71/ctisrv71/index.htm

I'm not aware of any specific training on what you describe. ICM product classes are the best place to start to learn the extreme flexibility of the product. You mention CVP; that's a VXML based IVR platform that is a peripheral to ICM (also standalone). There is as much (if not more) data integration points with that IVR product as well.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: