cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translate Redirect Number on MGCP Gateway

tim_roper2
Level 1
Level 1

In SRST mode, the MGCP gateway will translate a 7-digit redirecting number to the full 10-digit number with the appropriate translation profile attached to the dial-peers. In normal mode (connected to CCM), the MGCP gateway will not translate the 7-digit redirecting number to the 10-digit number. I have even tried attaching the translation profile to the voice-port on outbound calls.

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /.*\(.......$\)/ /905\1/

voice translation-profile ChangeRedirectNumber

translate redirect-called 1

voice-port 0/0/0:23

translation-profile outgoing ChangeRedirectNumber

dial-peer voice 1 pots

translation-profile outgoing ChangeRedirectNumber

Thanks in advance.

11 Replies 11

tim_roper2
Level 1
Level 1

If anyone would like to see the entire dial-peers or anything else, please let me know. Thanks.

I believe what you are asking is how to mask the caller number on outbound calls in Call Manager when calling out an MGCP Gateway. There a couple of ways to set this. I usually set the External Caller Mask on a per line/extension basis then just make sure you have the checkbox - use external phone number mask checked on all your route patterns. As long as you have a PRI that allows digit manupulation that should do the trick.

You could also globally set this on the route pattern or route group with say 555XXXXXXX that would mask extension 4443333 to go out as 5554443333 for example. I usually stay away from this and stick to the per line method to give me more flexibility.

bgibson
Level 1
Level 1

All number manipulations need to occur inside of Call Manager when using MGCP.

Unfortunately, I knew that answer, but I didn't want to admit it. I'm actually trying to change the redirecting number, and I don't know where to do this in CallManager. The redirecting number is explained below.

210-333-4444 calls into the PRI to 777-111-2222. The extension of the phone is 1112222. If the phone is forwarding all calls to a remote Unity server at 888-444-4444, the outbound call looks like this in the debug isdn q931.

Calling Party Number - 777-111-2222

Called Party Number - 888-444-4444

Redirecting Number - 1112222

How can I change the Redirecting Number, 1112222, back to the E164 number?

Thanks, Tim

Is the mailbox on the remote unity server set up for the full 10 digit number?

I'm trying to understand what it is you are trying to do.

Great question...actually the mailbox is set up for 1112222 with the following alternate extensions 7771112222 and 917771112222 (due to inbound translation patterns). Of course these are fake numbers, but the concept is the same.

The reason I need all 10-digits is because the telco in Canada is requiring all 10-digits in the redirecting number field for it to be valid. If the redirecting number is not 10-digits, the telco drops that parameter, so the inbound caller never gets to the vm box of 1112222.

Thanks, Tim

I would look to change the route pattern transform mask to 777XXXXXXX for the route pattern that dials out to Unityserver.

I had the same issue. ISP would reject the call if the redirecting number is not 10 digit. 

I fixed it by applying Redirecting Party Transformation CSS at the GW in CUCM under 'Call Routing information - Outbound calls'. 

Other option would be to uncheck the Redirecting Party Transformation so that it does not send that field 

This option is in both H323 and MGCP GW 

tondaboreman
Level 1
Level 1

I had issue some what like this and I had to add no local-bypass under the voice card option.

Hope this helps

Tonda

Unfortunately, the only numbers that I can transform in a route pattern or translation pattern are the calling or called party numbers. I am not able to manipulate the redirecting number. I verified this after adding a new route pattern and masking the calling party number.

I think the local-bypass only affects calls that come into a router and out another voice port on the same router. The command "voice local-bypass" allows us to minimize DSP resources; however, it does not allow us to tweak input gain or output attenuation on the calls that are bypassing the DSPs. All this being said, I will try the "no voice local-bypass" command tonight to see if it helps. Unfortunately, I do not think it will change the Redirecting Number which can be seen with a debug isdn q931.

Thanks, Tim

You may be required to convert your gateway to H323.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: