cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound Call - PLAR?

snooter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm consolidating two gateways at one office into one single gateway.

Before, one handled DID calls. The other handled this office main number and just used a PLAR on the voice port to put the inbound call where it needed to go.

Now however, I've moved all the lines into a PRI going into a single 1751v router. DID calls work just fine, as do outbound. However, I can't place a plar command on this single voice port because that cancels out the DID service.

So, my question is, how can I still use DID on a gateway that I need to somehow configure a PLAR type connection for this main office number.

I've requested the telco provide me with the DNIS digits (even though this is NOT a toll free #) being sent to our equiptment when this main number is dialed. Is that appropriate? The way it was setup before was a set of four plain pots lines, and all lines used the connection plar to connect it to the same extension on all ports.

I tried entering the "num-exp" command to translate the last four digits of the main number to a voip extension but that didn't work..

Can someone please lend me some advice?

Thank You

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

A translation rule would be better in case you want to do further customization. for example adding the external access digit (if any), to calling number, for ease of redial.

voice translation-rule 100

rule 1 /^xxxx$/ /yyy/

voice translation-profile makemain

translate called 100

voice port 0/0/1:15 (or 23)

translation-profile incoming makemain

xxxx and yyy above are the main number as delivered by telco, and the extension to forward to.

Observe the called number with "term mon" and "debug isdn q931".

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thank you! I'll look into this..

If I already know that the telco is passing me the last four digits of the main number, wouldn't the "num-exp xxxx yyyy" command have worked for me?

Or is this voice translation something different?

I can't tell without seeing the setup trace. voice-translations are more flexible and powerful.