cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking inbound calls based on ANI

flash2200
Level 1
Level 1

I understand that I can't block a specific number from calling in to our office if I'm using MGCP on my gateway.

I called my telco and the guy in their service department said they can't block calls based on ANI on PRI's or associated DID's He said they could only do it on regular analog business lines. ie: "FL1"

I find this hard to believe. Is the tech out to lunch?

TIA

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One can't assume, the switching equipment they are using may have their limitations or per company policy certain configurations are not done.

Can't you route the unwanted callers to extension that are never answered ?

Hi Paolo,

When you say "route the unwanted callers to extensions that are never answered" do you mean via the manual intervention of our receptionist?

I'm not sure I can automate this process because again it would require Call Manager to make a routing decision based on inbound ANI which it can't seem to do.

Thanks again

I forgot the CM can't route by calling number.

I guess I'm too used to the router that can.

Why can't you use H.323or SIP on the GW ?

I suppose I could. I was just hoping the telco could save me the trouble. Thanks for the help anyway. Cheers

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Unfortunately they are correct, there is no way to do this using MGCP and as you already know CCM can't route calls per calling party number, only per called party. So the only way will be using H.323

HTH

//Jorge

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: