cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1130AG --> Return to Autonomous Mode (no controller)

Hello,

My company bought a Cisco Aironet 1130AG to use as simple AP. But we have a little problem, it has the IOS version 12.3(11)JX1. It seem that this version can't be turn to autonomous mode.

I think that i need to change the IOS for the version 12.3(7) to be able to do that.

Question is how to i do that ?

Thank you

Christian

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Christian,

No worries, this should work :)

Here is a conversion method;

Reverting the Access Point Back to Autonomous Mode

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/prod_technical_reference09186a00804fc3dc.html#wp161272

You can convert an access point from lightweight mode back to autonomous mode by loading a Cisco IOS Release that supports autonomous mode (Cisco IOS release 12.3(7)JA or earlier). If the access point is associated to a controller, you can use the controller to load the Cisco IOS release. If the access point is not associated to a controller, you can load the Cisco IOS release using TFTP.

Using a TFTP Server to Return to a Previous Release

Follow these steps to revert from LWAPP mode to autonomous mode by loading a Cisco IOS release using a TFTP server:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 The static IP address of the PC on which your TFTP server software runs should be between 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.30.

Step 2 Make sure that the PC contains the access point image file (such as c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.JA.tar for a 1200 series access point) in the TFTP server folder and that the TFTP server is activated.

Step 3 Rename the access point image file in the TFTP server folder to c1200-k9w7-tar.default for a 1200 series access point, c1130-k9w7-tar.default for an 1130 series access point, and c1240-k9w7-tar.default for a 1240 series access point.

Step 4 Connect the PC to the access point using a Category 5 (CAT5) Ethernet cable.

Step 5 Disconnect power from the access point.

Step 6 Press and hold MODE while you reconnect power to the access point.

Step 7 Hold the MODE button until the status LED turns red (approximately 20 to 30 seconds) and then release.

Step 8 Wait until the access point reboots, as indicated by all LEDs turning green followed by the Status LED blinking green.

Step 9 After the access point reboots, reconfigure it using the GUI or the CLI.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/prod_technical_reference09186a00804fc3dc.html#wp161272

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hello Rob,

Tyvm, it work perfectly :)

This will help many people.

Bye,

Christian

You are most welcome Christian :) Glad to be of some small help!

Rob

NVM i found what i was seeking hehe :)

Christian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: