Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth

ericdegboevi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a router connected to the ISP. I have a 512K dedicated bandwidth through a fast ethernet interface.

I have 2 other ethernet interfaces conneting 2 different LAN.

How to i set bandwidth on those interfaces?

Example:int fa0/0 = 256k

int fa0/1 = 128k

thks

6 Replies 6

pciaccio
Level 4
Level 4

You can set the bandwidth on the interface for dynamic routing decisions by going to the Interface priv level and using the bandwidth command on the interface. However from reading into your question I do not think you want this. I think you are looking into traffic policing the bandwidth on the interface. In order to do this you need to implement QOS on the interfaces. This way you can direct specific bandwidth to the ISP traffic. In order to use QOS you first need to classify your traffic from the ISP provider. Then you need to police your traffic and give it bandwidth retrictions. Then you need to apply the policy to the FE interfaces....

Hi,

thks for the reply,

i get the concept n will be grateful if u have a documentation on the above stated.

Please refer to the attached document. It is alot of information. Recommend that you take a class on QOS for it incorporates various techniques and strategies....Good Luck...

HI,

I agree with PHIL.

If you need to define the bandwidth of the Interface means: go to the interface configuration mode and use the bandwidth command.

Hope if your requirement rate-limiting the bandwidth for various LAN segments means you need to use the QOS Techniqs.

DO provide more INFO on your requirement.

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

HI,

For implementating CISCO QOS:

Refer Recommended Book below:

End to End QOS Network Design

By Tim Szigeti - CCIE No. 9794, Christina Hattingh

DO RATE ALL HELPFUL POSTS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: