Replies

Whats coming with a Cisco 2811 voice bundle cisco2811-ccme/k9

fxavier.cat
Level 1
Level 1

Hey

first please see the file attached

its a quote from my consultant.

i have to change all my telephony system to voip. and honestly i dont know so much about this technology (voip).

my question is, in the file, is it normal than some lines dont have a price? these lines are included with the cisco2811 or in additional modules ?

for exemple:

-cisco unity express base release - 3.0

-cisco 2800 SP services

-Device manager for routers

thanks for those who will reply.

cisco cisco2811-ccme/k9

gateway

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The offert is correct and appears to have been pulled straight from cisco configurator, where not all items have a price.

You also need a support contract to exted the default warranty and have access to upgrade downloads and tehc support.

If you want to improve this configuration, can you use ISDN BRI instead of FXO ? that would give you lot more features and less problems.

Then depending on how may phones you need to connect you could also evaluate a 2801 with AIM-CUE instead of the NM, and the new UC520 that has all integrated.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

thanks for your answer

We have 5 pstn lines coming from our provider, 4 for phones and 1 dedicated to fax. can the ISDN BRI work in my case??

yeah actually im looking for a simple solution all-in-one box, we have 20 users on site, but some additional people will work from home soon.

can the uc520 manage 36 or more users ?

Basicly:

i just want voice mailbox for each users and auto forward(if not at job, call on cell then call at home, then send message etc..)

Hi,

Yes with BRI you would be able to do that with just three circuits (is has two lines per circuit). The fax, you can use an ISDN NT1+ with pots ports, or can connect to router via FXS. You can have DID service with ISDN BRI and you have caller-id, plus protection for disconnection supervision problems that are very common with POTS.

You can do all that with the uc520, but you have to check with reseller if model UC520-32U-4BRI-K9 is available already, as cisco has initially introduced only the 8 and 16 users version.

IIf not uc520 use a 2811 with NM-CUE or AIM-CUE, the BRI is WIC2-2BRI-NT/TE. With that, you should also get a 2 or 4 ports FXS card to connect e.g. a wireless phones, fax, door-opener device, etc.

In any case you also need a PoE switch eg, that you can choose e.g. from express 500 24 ports.

Then there are the phones that you have not mentioned at all. A good purchase is the 7931G that has a lighted display and many buttons.

Note the feature of hunting an user when a call comes is not by default and can require additional configuration on the CME (router) or CUE (voicemail system).

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!