full bgp routing table

Unanswered Question

Hi,

I'm having an issue receiving a full routing table if my primaire route goes down.

network:

ISP1-------r1-----

\

r3

/

ISP2-------r2-----

r1 and r2 are connected to the isp's via BGP

r1 and r2 are connected to r3 via ibgp

r3 receives 200k routes and 70% off these routes go to isp1

If I now disable the neighbor session to r1. R3 does not update his routing table to use the routes to isp2 and has only 50k routes.

I'm a bit reluctant posting my router configs here, please let me know which specific info is required to understand and hopefully help me resolve this issue.

Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
gaurav_thapar79 Tue, 10/23/2007 - 07:57
User Badges:

Hi,

BTW, you muct be learning 200K routes from your eBGP peer not from R3 router.

There is an ambiguity in problem statement.

But as per my understanding your problem , if correct,

please do IGP peer at R3.

Router bgp

Neighbour next-hop-self

neighbour next-hop -self

Try and share your observation, of course rate the post as well.

Hi,

thx for the reply.

I've got ospf set up as my igp, I thought it wasn't wise to redistribute bgp into ospf. I've got a full mesh ibgp to get all routes to r3.

I can't set up ebgp sessions between r3 and isp's. They only peer with one router.

Next hop self is already configured.

for instance, I thought r3 should have two routes to say www.google.com, and that 1 route gets into the routing table. If that route should fail the backup would automatically be set up in the routing table.

I can see the route to google at r1 and r2, but r3 has only one route that points to r1. If I disable the peering session to r1. R3 does not learn the route via r2.

gaurav_thapar79 Wed, 10/24/2007 - 03:11
User Badges:

Hi,

Can you use iBGP instead of OSPF to simply the caoncept in terms of implementation and to achieve what you want?

pls revert.

Actions

This Discussion