cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 PoE-48 Version 12.2(25)SEB4

djgizmo250
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to find Version 12.2(25)SEB4 on the website, but I cannot find this IOS version. Our other switches have this image and we would like to keep them alike. Can you help me find Version 12.2(25)SEB4?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

switch#dir flash:

see the name of the IOS version

Use tftp server on your computer

switch#copy flash:name_of_IOS_File tftp://x.x.x.x/name_of_IOS_File

where x.x.x.x is the ip of your tftp server

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

szahid
Level 3
Level 3

Mike :

That image has been taken off from CCO. If you must have that image , please open a TAC case and have your engineer post it for you.

Thanks

If you have this image on other switches, just copy the IOS file from one of the switches and upload.

Alternativley you can setup device itself to act as a TFTP server and upload directly if you have the IP reachability

use the command to make your device a TFTP server

tftp-server flash:

HTH

Narayan

How do I copy the IOS from the other switches that we have?

switch#dir flash:

see the name of the IOS version

Use tftp server on your computer

switch#copy flash:name_of_IOS_File tftp://x.x.x.x/name_of_IOS_File

where x.x.x.x is the ip of your tftp server

Is it save to perform this with a production switch? My initial thought is yes, but I just want to make sure. Thanks!

You should be good to go with this. There should not be any performance impact on the production network due to this.

Narayan

Entered command:

copy flash:c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4 tftp://192.168.241.100/c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4

Next line shows:

Address or name of remote host []? 192.168.241.100

Next line shows:

Destination filename [c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4]?

After hitting enter, I get:

%Error reading flash:c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4 (Is a directory)

What am I doing wrong?

The 3560 IOS images are .tar files, search for the "zipped" .tar file, or use the ARCHIVE command. You can archive the 192.168.241.100 image/directory/files etc to a tftp host and then do the ARCHIVE DOWNLOAD-SW CLI command to re-extract it to your local box.

I got it...rookie mistake. I forgot to add the filename! Dope!

Here's the new line that worked:

copy flash:c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4/c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin tftp://192.168.241.100/c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin

I love it when stuff works!

That'll work as long as you don't want/need all the wiz-bang http/https files and images like in SDM.

If you want a whole install, I'd really recommend looking for the .tar package and installing it all.

Where can I find the .tar package?

How can I move the .bin file I just pulled from one our switches to another switch?

I tried this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.1_19_ea1/configuration/guide/swiosfs.html#wp1021182

and it worked. You can convert a .bin to a .tar by following the instructions in the link provided.

Thanks for all your help guys!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card