Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN connects OK but Remote Desktop fails

Have a Cisco PIX 501 w/ Firewall version 6.3. Recently started using Cisco VPN Client because we have remote users with Vista. Client works just fine for 6 out of 7 remote users, with both Vista and WinXP. But one WinXP user has problem since using Cisco client (never had a problem with old VPN Client)...connects OK with VPN Client but then receives error message when tryin to login to Srvr via Remote Desktop when connected to Verizon Cable Internet. I tried connecting with an AT&T cellular data card and once I disabled the Trend Micro firewall, I had no problem.

But when PC physically connected to cable modem (no router in between), and also disabling firewall, VPN connects but cannot access remote desktop. Since configuring PIX for Cisco client, I can no longer use the old client. Have tried 3 different PC's connected to Verizon Cable Internet and same result on all 3 -- Has anyone experienced this or know what the problem may be? Thanks.

2 Replies 2

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

Add nat-t to your pix and you'll be good to go...

isakmp nat-traversal

Please rate helpful posts.

crazybill
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have this king of problem, do you found the solution ?

My vpn connection is good but I can't reach any connection with Remote Desktop.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: