Replies

Force to reauthenticate to webauth after reboot

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

2100 wireless lan controller

1130 AP's in H-Reap mode

Static WEP and Web Authentication

The problem is when clients, who are connected and authenticated reboot their machines, it is not necessary for them to login to the webauth page again. This brings up a security concern obviously. Is there a way to force the clients to re-authenticate? I was thinking about a small idle timeout but I don't want users to have to login all day long.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

The idle user timeout should be set to something like 6 minutes already. Are you authenticating against the local controller database? I suspect you are. Bounce the authentication off a RADIUS or IAS server.

Scott Pickles
Level 4
Level 4

What method are you using to validate credentials in the web authentication? Local database, RADIUS, LDAP, etc.? Unfortunately, without clicking "logout" the session remains active. At this point, my only thoughts are to use something like AD (RADIUS/IAS) or the Lobby function where you can specify when a particular account times out.

Regards,

Scott

Thanks guys, I am using a RADIUS server for authentication. I do think the idle timeout is the default 300 seconds. But it doesn't take that long to reboot a pc.

Anyone have any other ideas?

So the only way to be logged out from the webauth is to physically press the logout button or for the idle timer to expire?

Why wouldn't they be disassociated/unauthenticated when the pc reboots?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card