VG248 - P/Ns for fans and power supply unit

Unanswered Question
Oct 23rd, 2007

We have a VG248 that is logging fan failure messages but is still working fine. Can the fan / fans be ordered separately and changed rather than replace the whole VG248 which means I have to save and load the config into the new unit and I believe that is not as simple as doing this on routers and switches and VG224. So is there a fan P/N and in case just the power supply fails is there a power supply P/N? Pointers to any link is much appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
pcameron Tue, 10/23/2007 - 19:29

The fans and PSU are not field replaceable - you will need to do a RMA on the entire VG248.

You can easily backup the config on the VG248:

Ftp to the ip address of vg248 and login there. If using CLI ftp, issue "ls" and you will see 'user.cfg' and 'user.cfg.xml' files - these are the existing configs for vg248.

Issue "get user.cfg" and "get user.cfg.xml" to get the files for backup.

You will need to edit these config files to change references from the old MAC addresses to the new one.

Likewise, in the CCM config you will have to change over the config to the new MAC address.

After you have installed the new VG248 and it has an IP address, ftp to it again and copy the config files over to it. Reload the box and it should register OK.

This Discussion