cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Having problem in adding a device to inventory

mohsin.khan
Level 3
Level 3

I have 295 devices added to LMS inventory (to prove the there is nothing wrong with the setup/deployment).

Now that i am trying to add a device (

My NMS is placed at Site B...Here is the arch

Test_Swicth -> Access_switch_Site_A --> Core_Switch_Site_A --> Router_Site_A --> Router_Site_B --> Core_Switch_B --> Access_Switch_Site_B --> NMS_Server

I have full connectivity, and i am getting the ping response to & from NMS_Server to & from Test_Swicth.But when i try to add this device, NMS puts this in NOT RESPONDING list of devices, saying that "Could not connect to host:"

I am still able to add other devices...

Here is the output of what i get from "Management Station to Device"..

==============================

UDP failed

sent: 5 recvd: 0 min: 0 max: 0 avg: 0 timeout: 2 size: 64 protocol: udp port: 7

TCP failed

sent: 0 recvd: 0 min: 0 max: 0 avg: 0 timeout: 0 size: 0 protocol: udp port: 7

HTTP okay

sent: 5 recvd: 5 min: 0 max: 0 avg: 0 timeout: 2 size: 33 protocol: http port: 80

TFTP failed

sent: 5 recvd: 0 min: 0 max: 0 avg: 0 timeout: 2 size: 25 protocol: tftp port: 69

TELNET okay

SNMPR failed

sent: 5 recvd: 0 min: 0 max: 0 avg: 0 timeout: 2 size: 91 protocol: snmp_get port: 161

SNMPW failed

sent: 0 recvd: 0 min: 0 max: 0 avg: 0 timeout: 2 size: 0 protocol: snmp_set port: 161

SSH failed

==============================

I am using RME 3.5

1 Reply 1

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

So you can ping this host but can you ping the host from the console of the ciscoworks server?

You can get to the device with icmp ping, http and telnet but not with snmp.

Recheck the community strings and access-list on this device and in the DCR of ciscoworks.

you could enable debug snmp packets on the device to see if the packets from ciscoworks get to the device.

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco