Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM lost connection tto the Firewall

marie-pongou
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I lose the connection to ASDM after 5 sec.

I became this Error when i do 'wr mem':

ASDM received an error while sending this command. Click Resend and if the browser

prompt you to verify a new certificate or to provide a username/password, please do so.

I must restart the ASDM.

best regards,

Marie

8 Replies 8

pjhenriqs
Level 1
Level 1

Check the Java version you have. I had the same problem because I was using Java 6, so I downgraded to Java 5 and everything started working again.

Sometimes it's best not to upgrade :)

Hi,

I have a old Version of java. I don't think that

this is a Java-Problem, because i use the same ASDM Version for another Firewall and I dont have any problems whit this.

best regards

M.

Ok.

Are you running ASDM as an applet or do you have it installed on your PC?

Which version?

I am running ASDM from my PC, version 5.2(2).

I became the same error when i am running ASDM as an applet.

To be honest I have the same version and I have never had that problem so I really don't know. If I were you I would try upgrading/downgrading the PIX/ASA image and the ASDM and verify if the error persists.

Also, I would suggest you open a TAC case with Cisco. This is not a normal behaviour.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Since upgrading to a new notebook / latest java environment this error occurs with all 5.x asdm sessions. This looks like an asdm - jre problem and is still unsolved?

The Problem is solved after a new Installation for ASDM 5.x. Update or upgrade for jre was not necessary. I don't know was happend.

best regards

Marie

Marie,

interessting... I do suffer from this error on different (windows) pcs. This also happend with a brand-new notebook. So my guess is, that this wouldn't be the solution in any case.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards

Mathias

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: