Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM lost connection tto the Firewall

marie-pongou
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I lose the connection to ASDM after 5 sec.

I became this Error when i do 'wr mem':

ASDM received an error while sending this command. Click Resend and if the browser

prompt you to verify a new certificate or to provide a username/password, please do so.

I must restart the ASDM.

best regards,

Marie

8 Replies 8

pjhenriqs
Level 1
Level 1

Check the Java version you have. I had the same problem because I was using Java 6, so I downgraded to Java 5 and everything started working again.

Sometimes it's best not to upgrade :)

Hi,

I have a old Version of java. I don't think that

this is a Java-Problem, because i use the same ASDM Version for another Firewall and I dont have any problems whit this.

best regards

M.

Ok.

Are you running ASDM as an applet or do you have it installed on your PC?

Which version?

I am running ASDM from my PC, version 5.2(2).

I became the same error when i am running ASDM as an applet.

To be honest I have the same version and I have never had that problem so I really don't know. If I were you I would try upgrading/downgrading the PIX/ASA image and the ASDM and verify if the error persists.

Also, I would suggest you open a TAC case with Cisco. This is not a normal behaviour.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Since upgrading to a new notebook / latest java environment this error occurs with all 5.x asdm sessions. This looks like an asdm - jre problem and is still unsolved?

The Problem is solved after a new Installation for ASDM 5.x. Update or upgrade for jre was not necessary. I don't know was happend.

best regards

Marie

Marie,

interessting... I do suffer from this error on different (windows) pcs. This also happend with a brand-new notebook. So my guess is, that this wouldn't be the solution in any case.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards

Mathias

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card