Views
Helpful
Replies

IPv6....deployement...

mohsin.khan
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I am trying to configure IPV6 on Catalyst 3560...

First,

I downloaded the Advanced IP services IOS (12.2 (25))and copied to 3560 flash.

When i tried to write "ipv6 unicast-routing" i could not find any command starting with ipv6.

I tried "sdm prefer dual-ipv4-and-ipv6 default" and reloaded the switch, but again CLI does not allow me to type ipv6>>..

Then i changed the IOS to 12.2 (40) and then tried to do the same, but again same problems, with an additional problem that the CDP is showing me the connected switch in the neighbours' list, but show ip route does not even show the connected devices, and hence, i am unable to ping that device from outside.

Please help me solve this problem..

3 Replies 3

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mohsin,

Can you please provide a "show ver".

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

I have attached the show ver.

Now that i have moved back to 12.2(25)-- doing it through "boot system". i have also attached the "show flash" just to show which ios do i have in the flash.

i figured this out...

"

3600 series switches have only one TCAM to store nicast routes, MAC addresses, and other ACL rules etc. To allocate TCAM resources for different usages, the switch SDM templates prioritize system

resources to optimize support for certain features"

so by using "sdm prefer dual-ipv4-and-ipv6 routing" and reloading the switch, i can now use the ipv6 command....

Thanks for the concern.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card