cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LISENCE PROBLEM

s-adhikary
Level 1
Level 1

in order to do lisencing the publiser server we need to upload two lisence (publisher,subscriber server )my question is which MAC ADDRESS we have to give for lisencing the publisher server wheather of publisher or subscriber server(MAC ADDRESS)

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Subhasis,

This will be the MAC of the Publisher server. The Publisher will become the License Manager. Here is a clip;

Uploading a License file

Use the following procedure to upload a license file to the Cisco CallManager server with the matching MAC address (Publisher) that is provided when requesting for a license file. The Cisco CallManager server where the license file is loaded takes on the functionality of the "license manager".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note Upload the license file only on the first node of Cisco CallManager cluster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Procedure

Step 1 Choose System > License > Upload License File.

The License File Upload window displays.

Step 2 The Existing License Files drop-down list box displays the license files that are already uploaded to the server.

Note Click View File to view the file content of any existing files.

Step 3 To choose a new license file to upload, click Upload License File.

The Upload File pop-up window displays.

Step 4 Browse and choose a license file to upload to the server.

Step 5 Click Upload License File.

After the upload process is complete, the Upload Result file displays.

Step 6 Click Close.

Step 7 In the License File Upload window, the status of the uploaded file displays.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080530f9b.html#wp1049590

Hope this helps!

Rob

dear ROB HUFFMAN

i do this but i also put my subscriber license and then shown status is both are Publisher.

so plz give solution what's Problem

I have this problem as well where both my cm status shows that they are publisher when i remember clearly during the installation i have defined one of them as a subscriber. Any ideas?

When you installed the publisher, did you fully install it as "first Node" in the cluster. Once online, you need to add the licensing into the Publisher based upon the MAC address of Pub.

Once it is up and running, THEN you can install the subscriber. Don't install the subscriber until you have all the licensing completed on the Publisher.

Licensing lately at Cisco has been iffy. You need to verify what licenses you have in your contract and also on the PAK. It's not as easy as it used to be. You sometimes have to register about 3 PAKs just to get CM5/6 up and running. There are different types of .LIC for CCM. Application, Nodes, DLUs, etc.

When you email Licensing, have them verify what the license is for.

#of Nodes

#of DLUs

Application services?

And when you do install your Subscriber, it should be asking you to join the cluster. Everything must be up and running on the publisher or the Subscriber will not even get through install. (or will, but not licensed for the Node.)