cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing from a UC520 to a 2811

davieshuw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. Our company bought a UC520 for us to get to grips with VOIP. As the company's growing, we're now interested in a larger system (Basically we want everything that our UC520 has CME / CUE wise, but bigger). Ive specced up the following, does it look OK (No more than 30 phones)

CISCO2811-CCME/K9

AIM-CUE=

VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1=

Baciscally I assume I need to buy the AIM module because unlike my UC520, CUE isnt inbuilt into the 2811?

We currently have BRI in our UC520. We're going to rip the ISDN 2 off the wall and get it replaced with an ISDN 30, will the VWIC2 card i've specced be the correct one?

And finally DSP's... were only going to have possibly 3 phones that will be remotley connecting over a WAN, does the 2811 have any inbuilt DSP's or do I need to buy some?

THANKS

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

first of all if you liked the UC520 concept you can still continue with that because by now Cisco should be selling the 32 and 48 users version. They take much less space than a 2811.

True is the UC5200 cannot accommodate ISDN PRI like the 2811. For that you need a VWIC-1MFT-E1 or a VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 card. Both will work, but the price can be different.

Finally, it's like that you will get a ccme bundle for the 2811. The bundle comes with enough DSP resource for 16 channels of voice to PSTN, so you will need either to get less channels for you PRI, or upgrade the PVDM2-16 to -32 with an order code, or ad a second PVDM2. Remember that your FXS port also consume a DSP channel each.

Remote phones over IP do not need DSP resources.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

Davieshuw

This link is excellent and should answer most of your questions. Remember the the Voice bundles ship with PVDM's pre-installed.

<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_data_sheet0900aecd804e773d.html>

The CUE is not built into the router afaik. The VWIC2 will support your E1 or T1. There are a few variations - make sure you get the right one. The new generation support both E1 and T1. Check out this link:

<http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps5855/c1167/cdccont_0900aecd8028d2e5.pdf>

You don't need to buy additional DSP's with just 3phones at site.

hth,

Ajaz

Thank you gentlemen those replied are what I need.

One more question,do the newer UC520's have support for PRI cards yet? I know they didnt a few months ago..

No, it does not.

The UC520 units do support the PRI card (VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1). This comes bundled in the 48 User model, and is optional for all others.

Also, you may be confusing some of the model numbers. 'UC520' is the main box, 'CE520' is the Catalyst Express expansion switch, and they are both members of the 'UC500 Series' product line (along with 521 AP, 526 WLC, etc)

Hi,

I see what you mean, I've copied the available models below to recap.

It appears the PRI card is supported in all models, as the 8 and 16 users version have DSP resources for 32 channels, while the 32 and 48 users versions have DSP for 64 channels.

• UC520-8U-4FXO-K9 (UC520W-8U-4FXO-K9-wireless):

8-user Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (CME) Base, Cisco Unity® Express and IP phone feature license, 4 foreign exchange office (FXO; analog trunk) ports, 4 foreign exchange station (FXS) ports, and 1 voice interface card (VIC) slot

• UC520-8U-2BRI-K9 (UC520W-8U-2BRI-K9-wireless):

8-user Cisco Unified CME Base, Cisco Unity Express and phone feature license, 2 Basic Rate Interface (BRI) ports, 4 FXS ports, and 1 VIC slot

• UC520-16U-4FXO-K9 (UC520W-16U-4FXO-K9-wireless):

16-user Cisco Unified CME Base, Cisco Unity Express and phone feature license, 4 FXO (analog trunk) ports, 4 FXS ports, and 1 VIC slot

• UC520-16U-2BRI-K9 (UC520W-16U-2BRI-K9-wireless):

16-user Cisco Unified CME Base, Cisco Unity Express and phone feature license, 2 BRI ports, 4 FXS ports, and 1 VIC slot

• UC520-32U-8FXO-K9:

32-user Cisco Unified CME Base, Cisco Unity Express and IP phone feature license, with 8 FXO (analog trunk) ports and 1 VIC slot

• UC520-32U-4BRI-K9:

32-user Cisco Unified CME Base, Cisco Unity Express and phone feature license, with 4 BRI ports and 1 VIC slot

• UC520-48U-12FXO-K9:

48-user Cisco Unified CME Base, Cisco Unity Express and phone feature license, with 12 FXO (analog trunk) ports

• UC520-48U-6BRI-K9:

48-user Cisco Unified CME Base, Cisco Unity Express and phone feature license, with 6 BRI ports

• UC520-48U-T/E/F-K9:

48-user Cisco Unified CME Base, Cisco Unity Express and phone feature license, with 4 FXO (analog trunk) ports, T1/E1, and 1 VIC slot

• UC520-48U-T/E/B-K9

48-user Cisco Unified CME Base, Cisco Unity Express and phone feature license, with 2 BRI ports, T1/E1, and 1 VIC slot

cheers gentlemen

In fact, UC500 for now is only UC520 in the various configurations.

The document ion mentions T1/E1 PRI, however it doesn't appear that this model is available for order now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: