cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS custom script - is this possible?

d-fillmore
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, I'm trying to determine if it's posible to write a script that will retrieve an html page, return some user credentials (login) to the server, and upon successful authentication, download a small text file. The service will be declared active if these three steps are successful

I have seen that it's not recommended to use disk I/O operations in scripts, which is something I will take into consideration, but is the scripting language capapble of performing these three functions within one script?

Many Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

how is the login performed ?

The basic feature ?? or NTLM ? or something else ?

With basic feature, the answer is yes you can.

Check the script ap-kal-httpauth.

With NTLM, the answer is now.

If something else, it depends how the info appears on the wire.

Gilles.

Hi Gilles,

Thank as always for your response.

From what I can see, the authentication is NTLM. In your post, did you mean "with NTLM, the answer is no" ?

I have taken a network trace of the whole process which I want the CSS to emulate.

Cheers, Dom

With NTLM this is not possible.

Because the server sends some kind of challenge that is different each time.

The response of the client will depend on the challenge and again it will also be different.

So, you first would need to know the NTLM protocol which is Microsoft proprietary so it's hard to find info, and implementing this in a script will be even harder.

So, the answer is no way.

Gilles.

Thanks very much for your help :]

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: