IPIPGW SIP to SIP - call connects but no voice

solomonthuo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts

My setup is as follows:

CCM5.1 - IPIPGW - PSTN softswitch

SIP-IPIPGW-SIP

I can establish call connections from either side but once the called side picks the phone, no voice is heard. the connection is just quiet and nothing is heard. find my configs and debugs output attached.

regards

Solomon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Take a 'show voip rtp connections' while making the call. You should see a local side and a remote side. Then from the GW where you are taking that command perform a 'ping remote_IPAddress source local_IPAddress' with the IP addresses that you saw on the show voip rtp connections and see if you can reach them. Audio problems are almost all the times routing issues.

HTH

//Jorge

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Take a 'show voip rtp connections' while making the call. You should see a local side and a remote side. Then from the GW where you are taking that command perform a 'ping remote_IPAddress source local_IPAddress' with the IP addresses that you saw on the show voip rtp connections and see if you can reach them. Audio problems are almost all the times routing issues.

HTH

//Jorge

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: